How We Help
What Is Royal Pines?
Royal Pines is a residential recovery center for men that utilizes a Christ-centered approach to overcoming life’s struggles that spans 13 to 15 weeks. At this rural facility we offer clients the opportunity to break free from substance abuse and to rise and live again in Christ.
Our clinically-structured Active Recovery group process is grounded in the word of God. In addition, each client works individually with a NAADAC certified counselor (National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors) throughout the process. We not only address substance abuse, we also provide individuals with an educational curriculum through our Stewart Learning Center that includes adult basic education, GED preparation and workplace skill sets as well as training for accredited short-term certificates, industry-based certifications and collegiate enrollment.
Our mission is to transform adults directly affected by homelessness, poverty-thinking, and/or addiction, into those who lead healthy, self-sufficient, and productive lives for the glory of God.
Royal Pines offers:
CHRIST-CENTERED RECOVERY Program
Clinically-structured group process
vocation & education advancement
naadac certified counselors
no-cost recovery for our clients
Active Recovery teaches clients to battle unhealthy compulsions, develop a future story and make value-based decisions. This program treats both substance abuse and poverty by leading people beyond rescue and to fulfillment. Once an individual is drug free and has his needs met, they are then free to work on developing a better life.
Active Recovery focuses on six core principles:
- Understanding Addiction: learning how the brain equates drug use with survival and chains us to our habits.
- Dissecting Motivation: discovering which motivators lead to healthy outcomes and which do not.
- Creating a Life Plan: developing a genuine, personal plan for physical, spiritual, mental, vocational and social health.
- Identifying Values: learning how to differentiate universal and practical values and use them as a tool to direct our actions.
- Value-based Decisions: uncovering individual, practical values to direct decisions. Through practice we develop habits in decision-making that take us to a place of fulfillment.
- Emotional Maturity: identifying the perceptions which feed negative feelings allows one to recognize barriers to healthier emotions.
Think you might have a substance problem? This quick and easy self-assessment will offer you valuable insight.
Have you tried to stop using drugs or alcohol but couldn’t?
Has a family member or someone close to you expressed concern about your drinking and/or drug use?
Have your responsibilities at work, home or school suffered because of your use of drugs and/or alcohol?
Do you feel guilty about drinking or using drugs?
Have you lied to people about your drug and/or alcohol use?
Has your drinking or drug use caused you to suffer from sicknesses such as shaking, vomiting or paranoia?
Have you often thought that your life would be better without drug and/or alcohol use?
Do you find it difficult to have a good time without using substances?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, consider completing an application for Royal Pines.
Royal Pines Recovery Center is a part of the Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., Jessie's Place is a part of Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children, recovery programs, each with learning centers. This charity is often misspelled Jimmy Hale Mission.